8 Video SEO Tips To Optimize Your Local Business Videos
Video marketing is a powerful medium to use to market your local business, especially if your products or services are best represented in an audio-visual manner. For example, a landscaping business would find videos as the best way to show a garden makeover compared to using an article or report.
However, video marketing should also be geared to please search engines so that your videos achieve higher search engine rankings.
how to get youtube video ranked high on search engine
Here are 8 important video SEO tips that show you how to optimize your videos on a video sharing site, such as YouTube and on your business website, as well as how to get YouTube videos ranked high on search engine.
1. Title – use your business’s primary keyword in the title of your video. For example if your keyword is ‘plant roses’ then your title could read “How to Plant Roses in Spring”
2. Description – use your primary and secondary keyword in the description area. This is the area beneath your video where you describe what your video is all about and what you would like your viewers to do.
3. Tags – make sure to input your primary and secondary keywords in the tag box of every video.
4. Comments – encourage viewers to leave comments beneath your video. This spurs conversation and greater traffic to your video.
5. Favorite – encourage people to favorite your business video. They simply click on the favorite tab below the video.
6. Traffic – drive as many people to your video as possible from your website, emails, social media accounts, articles and other sites. This will drive up the number of views for your video and improve its rankings
7. Like or thumbs up – encourage people to leave a like or thumbs up for the video. They do this by clicking the thumbs up icon. This helps to rank your video for popularity.
8. Links – link to and from external sites using your primary keyword in the anchor text. This helps to build up your backlinks.
Paul Birkett, SEO for Small Business, helping your business increase leads, sales and grow your business.